New 44-page Cherry Lipstick fanzine
* UPDATE 9TH SEPTEMBER 2019 - ALL ISSUES NOW SOLD OUT
* UPDATE 7TH SEPTEMBER 2019 - LAST FEW ISSUES NOW ONLY AVAILABLE ON E-BAY. INFO BELOW ON SALES IS NOW OUT OF DATE
* UPDATED FROM ORIGINAL POST ON 30TH JUNE 2019 *
LAST FEW ISSUES OF THE FANZINE NOW AVAILABLE AGAIN - LIKELY TO SELL OUT QUICKLY.
Cherry Lipstick returns with its first print edition since 2001!
We have been a web-based fanzine for over two years, but now offer a special 44-page edition to the early years of Duran Duran – 1972 to 1980 - with the band telling their story in the own words.
The issue features over 15,000 words taken from nearly 100 interviews given by the band over the past 40 years. It includes Stephen Duffy, Andy Wickett, Paul Berrow (plus many others) and long-lost or little seen interviews by Simon, Nick, John, Andy and Roger.
You will read the story of the formation of the band in one place for the first time. Travel with Nick and John as young teenagers, via punk and early bands, to those infamous auditions at the Rum Runner and their signing by EMI. It is a must read and, I have to say, you are unlikely to see and hear the band in the same way again.
Cherry Lipstick has always celebrated the history of Duran Duran. This issue is similar to the 3-part special tribute to the Power Station we published last year, with their amazing story also told in their words.
Here is what none other than Michael Des Barres had to say about Cherry Lipstick's Power Station series:
So why is this fanzine only on offer in a print edition?
For three reasons:
1. It’s better this way. This story is meant to be read, not scrolled through.
2. It is for Cherry Lipstick followers who really want to read it. You have to buy it (priced at £4.00), not click on it out of vague interest.
3. Cherry Lipstick was a print fanzine, and this is a one-off throw back to our roots. As the editor, I look forward to sending it out, and knowing you’ll get a thrill from opening and reading it. Enjoy some retro-fandom!
And there is more!
In addition to the Duran Duran story, you will also get two exclusive CL articles: a Lost Treasure, and a new offering by Geronimo who managed to take a screen shot of the Duran Twitter page in 1980. AND there is an exclusive forward by Andy Wickett!
To confirm: none of this will ever be available on-line.
So, how do you get this great fanzine?
1. Please go to the home page of Cherry Lipstick
2. Click on the PayPal link in the top left corner.
3. You will log in and will then be charged £4.00 or equivalent in your local currency. [inc p+p - one set price for all readers around the world]
4. I will automatically be sent a confirmation email by PayPal with your registered name and address.
5. Sit back and wait for Cherry Lipstick to arrive! Updates on postage will be on Twitter and FaceBook.
THIS FANZINE WILL HAVE A LIMITED EDITION PRINT-RUN. After the pre-order period is complete, there will a very limited number left over. When they are all gone, they are gone. Guarantee your copy by pre-ordering as soon as possible.
One more question: Is this Cherry Lipstick trying to make loads of money?
No – this will, at best, cover costs. It is highly likely to lose money. It is much easier for me to post it on the website. This is being done out of respect for Cherry Lipstick's fanzine tradition, and because it’s the best way to enjoy this amazing story. I hope you think so too. Please, for the price of a coffee, join in with this fun way of enjoying our favourite band.
Editor, Cherry Lipstick
p.s. THIS IS AN ALL-COLOUR FANZINE. WITH AN EXCLUSIVE FORWARD BY ANDY WICKETT
p.p.s. To whet your appetite, here are some snippets from the fanzine, to take you back to those long-lost pre-Planet Earth days:
Remember - Cherry Lipstick has been for the discerning Duran fan since 1993. If you've got this far, that means you.